Monday, September 01, 2008

"The Value of Being Creative and Why You Need to Embrace It"


With tears in her eyes Tammy reflected, and then whispered,
Oh Lucy,"Have You Ever Read Anything So Beautiful?"
That is also the title of the painting above.
It is a 24x30 oil on canvas from my "Victorian Series"

Yes, this is a big departure from my "Wild Side Series" I hope you will indulge me. This is the image that fit my article below best. Not to worry, I will get back to
that wild side! lol

"The Value of Being Creative and Why You Need to Embrace It"
Creativity is something to be honored. It is an abstract way of thinking and a base for theoretical ideas, that did not exist before you, or someone else, produced them.

Creativity is something that is interjected into science, nature, philosophy, the arts and just about everything we know and do. It takes a thinking mind to create something of consequence or relevance. Writing; painting; sculpting; taking photographs; baking cookies; arranging flowers; grooming a dog; even re-arranging your desk, it all takes a certain mind frame that is advanced by your conscious input. Be proud of that, by doing the very best you can, in every endeavor you put your mind to. You create and dare I say I even breathe, for that reason.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." ~ Einstein

Know that when you create, anything at all, that you are taking an adventure within your own imagination. It is that energy and and intelligence, that sets us a part from animals. Well... most of them anyway, I have seen documentaries of some pretty creative birds. I am sure you can think of a few exceptions as well. You get the picture though I am sure.

If creativity is suspended, in any of the arts, or sciences or even the minor things in our daily lives, I believe a person has stopped pursuing self improvement, and thus begins to shrivel up, both in body and mind and most assuredly in heart. That lack penetrates everything, leaving a person with a certain dullness, that is difficult to restore, once it is gone. We are resilient though, we humans, so it is never too late to pursue ones creative adventures, in whatever interest they might fall upon.

When creativity is pursued in any form, it perpetuates a motion that is difficult to contain. It flows into everything you do and think and see and feel. Poems, paintings, defined philosophies, scientific discoveries and yes, even dog grooming and baking cookies, are based on the creative mind.

Think beyond our your own circle, don't be stuck there, never knowing what is possible for yourself. In that effort you will indeed find knowledge and beauty, that you had not noticed before.

01 September, 2008
by Kathy Ostman-Magnusen
copyright 2008

My house in Hawaii is for sale:

For pics and information about a wonderful house on the Big Island check out:

Big Island, Hawaii, Hilo side, in Pahoa - House for Sale with a Virtual tour link:

http://www.squidoo.com/hawaiimls

Aloha!

ABOUT Kathy Ostman-Magnusen

I paint and sculpt female fantasy art and map fairy tale adventures. I dream of beautiful women on canvas and art of exotic women. My career has ALWAYS been art. It has up and downs, for creativity is a very tempestuous lover. Some days I hate it, but I cannot help myself. I succumb to its relentless outbursts that include too many colors to ignore. Not always perfect but always striving.

I have illustrated for Hay House Inc.,"Meditations of Women Who Do Too Much" CARDS, taken from Anne Wilson Schaef's book. I also illustrated for Neil Davidson, who was considered for the Pulitzer Prize in feature writing, and several other publications. My paintings are collected worldwide.

Giclee canvas art work, greeting cards and posters are available for sale on my website:

http://www.kathysart.com

Sign up for my mailing list: FREE ART GIFTS suitable for children: Drawings of whimsical angel pictures, legends of mermaids and fairies in art. Tiny angels whisper fantasy art for shrink art, or coloring pages. Also a "Letter From the Tooth Fairy", ya just never know when you might need one!

I am Represented by:

Monkdogz Urban Art, Inc., 547 West 27th Street, 5th floor, New York, NY 10001

ORIGINAL ART may be purchased through Monkdogz

Check out one of my 73 Squidoo lenses: Fantasy Art Woman|Beautiful Women Goddess Art:

http://www.squidoo.com/kathysart


Aloha, Kathy

~~*~~

No comments: