Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Sound, Tis Such a Lovely Vibration - Don't You Think?"


"The Dancer" 36x48 oil on canvas
Original available through Monkdogz Urban Art http://www.monkdogz.com

From lovely ballerinas, footprint sounds on the ground, to a simple pen to paper, where poetry is found, sound, 'tis written about...

TURN ON THE MUSIC:




"Sound, Tis Such a Lovely Vibration - Don't You Think?"

Vibrations that travel through the air
I am in awe.
If I stand still I can measure them
if only within my soul
while holding my breath
a note to know.
From a fragrant distance
I can feel its humming presence
onomatopoeia put to the test
winging through the trees
past silence.

Impressions of sound
vibrations touching my skin
traveling waves
composed by lenders of sacred visions
where true wisdom
begins.

Such a gift is sound
broadcast from our lips
composed by artists
wind in trees
oceans roar
birds tending to their hungry fledglings
televisions from an open window
right next door
cars passing by
airplanes in the sky
opening my eyes
I hear
the world
as it goes by.

Music
luscious muse
floating through the air
and connecting to this day
inside our atmosphere.
All over my anticipating being
dreams
never that remote
frequencies enticed
made perfectly clear.

From Ballerinas
Cinderella embarks
from their tip toes on stage
rhythm embraced
with what dwells in the heart
thus a brilliant transcending
of a most glorious
holiest art.

My heart waltzes past the open door
sensations found
walking over pebbles on the road
feet causing a moving sound
my mood goes from lowly
into a highlight
appreciating
the simplest
of sounds.

Pencil to paper
scribbling down poetry
rounds.
People in places
I never will meet
writing in silence
for a word to speak.
A tiny utterance of noise
meeting pen to paper
describing inner thoughts
acoustics on play here
creating giant noises
in a tiny minds eye
from an anticipating
hearts sigh.

Sound, tis such a lovely vibration.
Don't you think?

by Kathy Ostman-Magnusen
copyright 2009

~~*~~

No comments: