Friday, August 08, 2008

"Divorce Brings Sorrow and Regret - My Advice to Men Who Dream Only Their Own Dreams"




Divorce or breaking up brings so much pain, sorrow and regret. I have been down that road before. What could I have done differently, I have a long list. What can men do to save their relationship? I also have thoughts on that, the biggest one being about our dreams.

I always think, what if... what if.. I had done this or that; gone to school more; been encouraged, when I was little, that I could do something. Hindsight has led me to this spot in time of regret. Yet I am now loved by a man, who encourages me everyday, to reach my own personal potential and find out what my dreams are. He believes in me and I am soothed by that.

Women seem to hope that men will read their minds, they don't.

I think men have a hard time noticing the fact that women need a stroke across their foreheads, the words, "I love you", spoken often and with tokens that say so. Tokens can be just cuddling at night, and being told that their sparrow is beautiful; being made to feel that nothing in this world is more important.

Let your sparrow know she is appreciated, for who she is,

and who she might become, if encouraged in finding herself in her own dream.

Not your dream... no,

the dream of your sparrows.

A sparrow who's wings might be clipped, for whatever reason, need to be restored. That is what love does.

A sparrow who has lost her ability to fly, might need to be lifted up to the light, to see that the view goes on forever and it is hers to have. No matter their dreams are not the same... we all must have the brilliance of believing we can fly on our own, within the parameters, that each and every one of us, must define, for our own selves.

Live this moment and feel the breezes on your skin, look across the room and bring your sparrow a token of your love for her.

Encourage your lovely sparrow to 'find out what HER dreams are'. That is the greatest gift that anyone can give.

by Kathy Ostman-Magnusen
08 August 2008
copyright 2008

I am represented by Monkdogz Urban Art, New York

http://monkdogz.com/chelseagallery/artistart/Magnusen/artist_magnusen.htm

No comments: